Opportunities at Deutsche Bank:
- Graduate Programme: CIB: Global Markets Research/DWS/ Wealth Management/ Corporate Finance/ Global Markets – 12th November 2018
- Graduate Programme: Technology/ Finance/ Regulation, Compliance & AFC – 10th December 2018
- Internship Programme: DWS, Corporate Finance: Corporate Banking Coverage/ Wealth Management/ GTB/ Global Markets Research/ Global Markets/ Corporate Finance – 12th November 2018
- Internship Programme: Technology/ Regulation, Compliance & AFC/ Finance/ HR - 10th December 2018
- Spring into Banking – Technology/CIB/Infrastructure 14th January 2019
Deutsche Bank Graduate Programme – Global Markets
Deutsche Bank provides commercial and investment banking, retail banking, transaction banking and asset and wealth management products and services to corporations, governments, institutional investors, small and medium-sized businesses, and private individuals. We are Germany’s leading bank, with a strong position in Europe and a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific.
About your programme
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your regional classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) combines Deutsche Bank’s Corporate Finance, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking businesses. This new business division was created in 2017 with the aim to ensure greater alignment of product and sales efforts, enabling the bank to deliver a better service to clients and a more focused resource allocation.
Global Markets is dedicated to building long-term, sustainable relationships with the bank’s key corporate and institutional clients. It combines a market-leading institutional sales force, world-class research with trading and structuring expertise to provide clients with access to liquidity and customised solutions across a wide range of markets, products and regions.
Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. In Sales & Trading you might be pricing products, preparing marketing materials or refining the way we do forecasts. In Structuring you could be assisting in the origination, execution and structuring of transactions, being closely involved in live deals from day one. When you join, you’ll be placed directly into one team, where you will get an opportunity to hone both your financial and relationship building skills. Throughout your journey, you will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Sales (Institutional Client Group)
- Trading (Fixed Income & Currencies)
- Structuring (Fixed Income & Currencies)
We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers. We hire for attitude and skillset and are open to applications from a variety of backgrounds and degrees.
- Are you passionate about finance?
- Do you have an interest in business, economics, mathematics, physics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards business, finance, or sales?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial.
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Does the idea of fostering long-term relationships with clients appeal to you?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and the ability to build rapport with clients?
Then we look forward to meeting you!